Applications for the 2017 All City Audition - OPENING SOON
The 2017 All City Audition is a general audition designed for San Diego's advanced actors. Participation is based on the following specific requirements:
- THIS AUDITION IS FOR AASD MEMBERS AND UNION MEMBERS ONLY - You must be a current member of the Actors Alliance (PerformerNon-Performer or Student Memberships) and/or AEA, AGMA, SAG/AFTRA at the time of submission through March 20, 2016 (subject to change).
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - In order to participate in this audition, your resume must represent that you are a working actor and one or more of the following requirements MUST be met to qualify:
1) Member of Actors Equity Association (AEA) or American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA), or AASD
• Received non-Equity wages for at least three principal and/or supporting roles in fully-staged productions in a professional theatre
• Received wages for at least two fully-staged productions with a LORT (or above) Union theatre
• Participant in the 2017 Actors Alliance of San Diego ATLAS Program
• Participant in the 2017 Theater Bay Area ATLAS Program
1) MEMBERSHIP: SAG/AFTRA – Member or Eligible, or AASD Member, Represented by an agent
2) Experience: Two paid on-camera credits within the past year
AASD reserves the right to consider special circumstances and/or request an audition prior to the final determination of any member’s inclusion in the All-City Auditions.
Non-Union actors must be current AASD members to audition. AASD membership may be purchased or renewed online. Your membership must be current through the audition date or you will NOT be allowed to audition. All Union Actors must be an Active Member in Good Standing or part of the EMC program or can prove Eligibility for members.
As a "FREE trial offer" Union actors are not required to be AASD members to audition. However, Union actors must email a copy of their Union membership card when submitting and are required to have a current Union card in hand the day of the audition, and be in good standing. Failure to present your card at the audition will result in the loss of your audition slot.
Union actors are also required to pay the $25 materials processing fee.
The AASD All City Auditions are not official Union auditions. However, local Equity theatres generally do attend, and many smaller theatres use Union agreements, codes and contracts to hire Equity actors. Follow the same procedure as non-Union actors (with the addition of scanning & emailing a copy of your card), and be sure to have your card with you on the day of your audition.
(NOTE: The free trial basis is for ONE YEAR ONLY. If you participated in the All City Audition last year as part of the "free-trial" for Equity actors and wish to participate again this year, you WILL need to join AASD.)
Monologues must from a published play or film.
Songs can be from a musical, movie, cabaret show or may be a selection from classic Standard songs.
All Auditions will be 2.5 minutes total, from slate to exit. How you divide your 2.5 minutes is your choice but all singing actors must have a monologue.